Sunday, November 27, 2011

What Is Good Writing?

       For me, this question is a loaded one. There are so many aspects to writing on the surface and deeper within the art that may be judged. So I'd say everyone's definition of "good writing" would be different, with various criteria.
       The principles of good writing vary as well, but the article behind the link gives the thoughts a decent outline. They also state that "good writing" comes from practice and hard work, which I agree with; very few are born brilliant writers. We change as time goes on; we change on purpose and outside forces change us naturally as well. I personally used to loathe the idea of writing for school, whether it was creative or essay format. I had trouble sitting down to put words onto the paper, but time as changed that, and working hard on different styles of writing has also improved my attitude as well. 
       Within that article linked above, I found another one about the difference between good and bad writers. Now, I don't like to call any writer a "bad" writer- it's such a strong and solid word, like it cannot be changed- but I thought the article had some interesting quotes about the differences professional writers found between the two categories. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment